When Your Bedroom is also Your Studio

 As I prepared to write this, I realized it has been six months since my last post.

 That brought a few thoughts immediately, the main one being "what am I supposed to say?"

 "Should I apologize?"

 "Do I even post here?"


 Well, here's the thing: I don't know how long I'll keep this blog going.

 Now, before any questions may arise, that doesn't mean I will no longer be online or any of that! But, I feel a bit like I've outgrown this blog.
 Over the past six or seven months, I've been slowly setting up another blog on Wordpress that may or may not one day go public. But in the meantime, I might as well update here.

 I started this blog in 2015. A jumpstart of a deal from a previous blog that had in all honesty never really gotten off the ground, but it did give me some experience on not what to do. This one has been through so many changes both in layout, color, and even name (you can see the original name of this blog in the URL).
 But I guess that doesn't really change the fact that as I've gotten older, the needs and requirements for what I'll someday need won't be able to be fully covered on this blog. Who knows, maybe someday the blog I'm setting up even now won't be able to cover it all and I'll need to hunker down and buy a website domain, should that day ever come.
 As it stands right now, I won't be sharing my new blog for some time, but I have no doubt I'll be doing it at some point in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath, however, as that day may be well off in the future.

 I've never made it a secret that Mae Fort is my pseudonym, or my previous 'author name' that I'd chosen. That is part of the reason why I won't share my new blog on here for quite some time, at least not until I'm certain that my real name and all it is that I do is ready for this not so small part of the world to see.
 I hope you understand, my dear reader.



 Oh, and the title? Well!

 My bedroom is huge, and probably used to be two rooms that got made into one big one, and honestly I've got so many functions for it now that it's more my studio than my bedroom in most respects.
 Starting with my massive art table that's at least 6 feet long, and the one end an awkward stretched out hexagon, takes up just over 22 square feet of space, it doesn't even cover a fourth of my floor area in my room. (I measured it for this post, I actually had no clue until just a short while ago how big it really was!)
 Then add a smaller 2 ft. by 3 ft. drafting table next to one end, and you've got the one end of my room about 2 feet in front of my closet wall. (It used to be two rooms okay, it's got two closets–and no both are not full of clothes, one isn't even full, the other I use for storage :P)
 On the other side of my massive table I have a set of rectangular shelving that's a knock off Ikea I think, and that's quite useful!
 Then an ironing board currently being stored on the other side of that piece of furniture.
Then you finally reach the bookshelf on the other side of my room that's also the headboard of my bed! Which is built onto the wall under one set of windows, with another set of shelves at the foot of it. On the other side of the room I have a dresser, and my guitar.

 Now, in front of my one closet that's not my clothing closet, I've hung a white sheet that's now going to serve as my starting backdrop for when I begin taking pictures or filming! I have a small lightweight tripod that has what I guess is a type of universal mount for cameras. (I have a film camera, and know about as much about it as my dad's digital camera and video camera–which sadly at the moment isn't all that much. But, that's why I've got my new setup!)

 In the next day or two I hope to start practicing with the camera's my family has in order to get more comfortable in front of a camera, and just finding out how to work everything.
 A large part of it being comfortable and myself in front of a camera, of which I have only a little experience.
 The second and arguably smaller part is getting used to seeing and hearing myself on a recording. While everyone knows that nobody actually hears themselves the way that they actually sound, for me it's a large difference. (I thought I was an alto when I was singing... turns out I'm a soprano, so there's a reference for my confusion on hearing myself on a recording a while ago!)

 So. An update that is neither short, or in actuality about a whole lot in particular. But, writing this all out has been rather therapeutic I'd say. :)




(Also, yes, my room is huge, and I feel very spoiled to have such a huge room. So I'm doing my best to put all of this space to good use!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone