Dehydration and Root Rot, or, Why Bad habits are hard to Break

Sometimes, it's really easy to get caught up in life. Sometimes, so much so that you can easily forget what a lot of us might consider 'small things'.

For example; drinking water.

I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water, and I don't mean I forget to drink several glasses a day kind of forget, I mean "sometimes I forget to drink a single glass of water a day" kind of forget.
I know that, the solution doesn't inlay in drinking down a tall glass all at once, because the body doesn't soak all of the water up like that, most of it might not get absorbed at all. However, sipping, taking time with it, that'll absorb and hydrate the body. For me, I don't seem to be very good at doing that all the time. I don't drink water very often throughout the day, which usually leads me to chugging down a single large glass in the middle of the day or later at night, and that's not a good way to do it.

When I thought about it, I realized that whenever I tried to grow a plant, I would water it in almost the same way.

I'd forget about it (sadly, and not on purpose) and then forget to water it, whether for a day or more. It would get wilty, and then I'd give it what I thought was a small bit of water. It might not have been enough, so it wilts further, then, I overload it with water in a desperate attempt to keep it alive.
Not so good for the plant.

I don't forget about plants or drinking water on purpose, it just happens. Not a good thing to have happen though.

But, bad habits are hard to break. Especially, when you don't know you have them. Bad habits can appear to be as harmless as anything, until they're rooted down far enough they're gonna hurt to pull our and deal with.
For instance; dehydration?
A lot of symptoms can come from dehydration, some that aren't as easily recognizable to the person because they come around slowly. But, by the time the person notices, there's already been a problem.
I work at it now, to drink enough water daily. It's still hard, because bad habits are like weeds.
You don't always know which is a weed, and which is a flower early on. So, you leave it be; until they're large enough to tell. But, once they're big enough to tell, you might've gotten lazy, or said you'll deal with it later, but by that time comes around, that weed is growing right along side your flowers.
Pulling up weeds is going to take a lot more work, and you're probably not going to like it.
But, that leaves more room for the good habits to grow.
If you don't weed a garden, then you'll forever have a mixture of the flowers you've planted, and the weeds that were uninvited.
If you weed the garden however, more of the flowers will bloom and grow. The garden will be healthy and clean.

So, even if it takes some work, it's worth it to weed out your garden.

Because bad habits can come around, and we might not always see them at first. But, if we can take care of it before it becomes too big, before the flowers start getting crowded, then your garden will have even more room to grow. Room that you might not have even known that you had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone