The girl in the corner

 Dear Reader,

 Today I am the girl alone in the corner. Sitting at a small coffee shop restaurant, waiting to be picked up.

 Dropped off at about a quarter to two, then sitting in the small corner table between the wall and a small row of booths. First facing away from the window, writing intently on a sequel to a story I wrote this summer. Then, after about half an hour, ordering a simply lovely drink called a London Fog, along with a key lime bar which was also marvelous. 
 Yet when I think about it, it is also quite possible that I may have been mistaken for a girl who is waiting for someone who isn't coming.
 Asked after getting my drink if I had ordered any food, and I am quite certain after a couple minutes getting glances from a few of the workers almost as if they were wondering if someone was coming to join me.
As a matter of fact, I am still here. Indeed, the glances have continued, I wonder what their reactions will be when they realize one of their coworkers is the one I am waiting for.

 Also, on another note, it is highly likely that I have been appearing to be looking for someone, when in reality I am simply watching. I enjoy watching people and how the conversation go forward overcame all or a hot drink. 
 It makes me smile though to think that maybe I look like a girl who is waiting.

 I have enjoyed my hour here immensely, enough so I actually wonder if it shall happen again. I wouldn't be at all opposed to that, so long as I am not really waiting for someone.


-Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things