Am I crazy...

 .. Maybe!

 Today (Now it would be three days ago as I just now got to finishing this post and putting the pictures in it!) I was given a shortbread recipe to make for my mom. And even though I only have three photos (four because black and white looks fancy), the middle stages of making the dough were not meant for photo taking. For a multitude of reasons.

 1. Even though I cut up the butter, I probably put it in too soon, so it took a little while to mash it and the sugar/vanilla together.

1b. I ground up granulated sugar by hand because I didn't have any powdered.
Left: Un-ground. Middle: Mid-grind. Right: Ground


2. After I did mix them I had a buttery sugary mess all over my hands which didn't make it easy to answer the phone when it started making noises.

3. That's what brothers are for.

7. Despite possibly over mixing it all, it turned out scrumptious. And just slightly chewy with a crispy shell.
Mmm. Dough.


5. I got busy with cleanup afterwords and didn't check the shortbread until the timer was more than halfway done.

6. Some of it still better be here when I get home later.

8. It was still home when I got back, in fact, the same amount as when I had left. However the next morning was another story.

9. I loved it. I will make it again soon. And I will still grind the sugar by hand, even if I do end up buying powdered sugar.

I didn't burn it! *gains 10 experience*


10. Also during pictures I somehow swerved mid photo and got this nice shot.

Le Noir et Blanc


So have some shortbread! Even if you don't make it, it can be lovely! Don't forget to accompany it by a cup of tea, or coffee. But never have it alone, even a glass of milk can be nice for an after dinner treat! (Or have coffee, I really don't care! (Just not alone, that's a bit to lonely to have just shortbread by itself))


-Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things