Day 1: In which I find video games are key.

 Today, November 1st, 2016. A massive group of writers have begun coming out of the woodwork and overloading servers, all under one conquest, one goal–NaNoWriMo.
 And today, also marks the day in which many of the website's pages, servers, internet providers and data plans alike will skyrocket in numbers.
 Suffice to say, we're sitting at our computers, but this time with a purpose! I include myself in that sentence there!

 Hello there! Many of you know of the fabled mythological time known as "NaNoWriMo" and some of you have even participated! Well, it's begun once again. Out bright and early, some of us started writing as soon as the clock hit midnight. Others, (like me) just got up a little bit earlier. Though I do applaud those who began straight away, I myself had a full night of Halloween-ing, and crashed almost as soon as I got back. (What was your favorite thing that you got last night?)

 So today, I tried out a little experiment with my writing process. While I've heard it said many times that video game music is specifically designed to keep the player's attention, I've also heard of writers using it to stay focused on their stories. And I can tell you right now–IT WORKS.

 The daily recommended quota on the NaNoWriMo website is 1,667 words. I've written, over various sittings and many breaks/interruptions, over 3,000 words. Now, while it might not seem crazy to some of you who participate in NaNoWriMo, I find that the fact I was able to write twice the daily projected count, and still have some gusto left in me to write some more (and not to mention being very focused on the process while listening to the music) amazing. I'm one of those writers that gets burnt out after about 800 words or so, because I don't know how I want to write my beginning. Well, even if I don't like my beginning a whole lot, or even at all, I'm going to just keep writing till I get to where I know for sure I know what it is that I want to write, and how I want to write it.
 So while it is only day 1, and I have some sugar in my system, not to mention caffeine, keep in mind that as someone who's not certain of much of their story, 3k is a lot of words for one day!

 How did you do today for NaNoWriMo?

 Happy writing, and God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone