Aurora

I have a guitar. Have I ever told you that? She's a lovely cherry red, I call her Aurora.
Well, I do now anyways. It wasn't until recently that she had a name at all. You see, I wanted to name her something to do with gold because that's the color of her strings. And if it's one thing that school has taught me, it's that AU stands for gold.

 AU for gold. Aurora for Aurora Borealis.
When I think of the Aurora Borealis, I think of space and how beautiful it is. It's so full of colors that capture the eye and can take you beyond imagination. Words dare to describe the sheer terrifying beauty of space and all that it contains.

 Space contains so many stars. Stars that sailors used to sail by. I often now wonder what it would be like to lay awake at night and stare up at the stars. For the night is not as dark as it seems. I wonder what it would be like to lie awake on the deck of a ship as the waves rock me to sleep while I gaze up at the sky. I wonder what it would be like to use the stars to sail by.

 The sea dark and deep. But virtually unknown. I wonder what lies beneath the depths yet I wish it to remain a mystery. For where would we be without at least a little adventure. Do we not turn to books for such tales and deeds. For while I find joy in unearthing the mysteries of life before me in my own adventures, I find no need to look too closely, err I take away the wonder and the mystery. To me, I have no need to know specifically chemical compounds, or how a flock of birds may swoop and fly. Is it not enough for people like me, to just know that it is.

 Mysteries of life may always remain. But those I choose to seek shall determine which shall e'er remain. I do not need to know how yet a crocus knows when to grow, or when a tree may burst out in bloom or seed. It is not enough for some, but for me, it is enough to simply know that it is.

 I find it easy to appreciate things without needing to know how something works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary