Get to Know Me Writers Tag: Firsts and other things

 Thanks to a lovely blogger and author I follow, I've been given the freedom to do this tag without being "tagged" specifically, the one and only–Hannah Heath!
 It sounded like fun, and I'm wanting all the practice of writing and thinking I can get in before November strikes.

 On we go!


~Rules~

1. Link back to the amazing person who created the tag: Savannah Grace
2. Thank the sweet person who tagged you: Thank you for the open tag, Hannah!
3. Share the graphic below (optional): I can't seem to insert the graphic unfortunately. But go to Savannah or Hannah's blogs and you'll see it!
4. Lastly, tag 11 bloggers: How about, anybody that reads this is free to do it if they want! ^-^



Appearances


(pen)Name: Mae Fort, currently!

Nicknames: In my writing circle of NaNoWriMo, Dreamer, Sherlock, and once I was called Dreamer-of-Impossible-Things.

Birthday: December–*static*

Hair Color and Length:  Dark brown with some natural highlights, and just above my waist.

Eye Color: Dark green on the outside, with a starburst of brown from the center, both very dark.

Braces/Piercings/Tattoos: No/One on my left ear/None.

Righty or Lefty: A righty, learning to become ambi.

Ethnicity: I know mostly, but some of it is only known by word of mouth, so... we'll say a mixture of European ethnicities with a few American ones?


First

Novel Written: A very poorly based rip-off of 'The Blue Sword' when I was ten.

Novel Completed: A very dramatic spy/espionage story when I was 12 or 13, I usually don't speak of it anymore. XD

Award for Writing: None that I know of, unless my parents gave me something when I was younger. I've never entered any contests or the like.

Publication: Nothing yet, but hopefully that'll change someday!

Conference: Also not yet, but someday. :)

Query/Pitch: I think I need to finish my story first. ;)


Favorite


Novel (that you wrote): Do short stories count for this? Because it's totally a short serial story that I've been writing for my friends.

Genre: Fantasy! With Sci-Fi being an ever so close second.

Author: William Joyce!

Writing Music: This really depends on what story I'm working on, because I have separate playlists for all of them and all in different genres/moods.  (It varies between things like Skillet and Fall Out Boy for one, and Enya and other melodic things for another.)

Time to Write: Whenever I can write uninterrupted, usually morning, or late at night when everybody else is doing their own thing.

Writing snack/drink: I try not to snack when I write, when I do though it's either sugar or something really healthy. But I try to keep water close at hand to stay hydrated.

Movie: Honestly, no single favorite. The Rise of the Guardians, The Secret of Moonacre, and too many more. If you want a longer list, all you need to do is ask!

Writing Memory: I've got a few, but the first one to come to mind was me writing over 1k words during a Word War on NaNoWriMo with a 15 minute time limit.

Childhood Book: A Day with Wilbur Robinson, hands down!


Currently

Reading: The Kon Tiki Expedition by Thor Heyerdahl, a fabulous reread. As well as The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, a reread many times over.

Writing: The ending to my serial story mentioned above, it's a bit finicky.

Listening To: Nothing, but For King and Country sounds like a good idea right now.

Watching: Um, well at the moment nothing. But I'm currently making my way through one of the newest Glitter Force shows on Netflix. Other than that it's mostly rewatching other things.

Learning: Japanese! Albeit, slowly. (Sorry to my study buddy for not having been in contact in forever, I have been practicing!!!)


Future

Want to be published: I would like that some day!

Indie or traditional: I really don't know, I see the pros and cons of both. I guess it would depend on which story I was intending on publishing...

Wildest Goal: Being a well known children and young adult writer who makes fabulous art to go along with my dazzling stories! ^-^ To illustrate my own books has always been a part of the deal in my own mind.



 I hope you enjoyed reading that, I had fun writing it!
I am still working on getting my new website up and running, thank you for your patience!

 Have a wonderful day, and let me know if you've done the tag as well!

-Mae


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone