Peanut-Butter Hearts

 Tonight was marvelous in many ways.

Brothers and youth group,
Friends and laughter,
Songs and tears,
Smiles and spoken truths,
Belief and bravery.
All things from paper to peanut butter hearts.

On the verge of our lives.

When a youth leader manages to say a line directly from a song that I have heard, and one no less that I have personally applied to following God. Saying that we are "out on the verge" with God. This is what came to mind. Clearer than a lot of things that have been in my head lately.


Brothers and youth group,
Tonight I brought my brother with me to church. He met someone who had rapidly become my best friend where I live. And they (according to my friend with a fist bump) "We're friends now!"

Friends and laughter,
 Talking loud and simply laughing with each other over mutual weirdness and compliments. Admitting to not always singing on key but doing it anyway because, "I am making a joyful noise and it doesn't matter how I sound!"

Songs and tears,
 Singing even though you can feel the pull and hoarsness in your voice. Feeling yourself well up no matter the reason, because it's between you and God, there's no need to be ashamed.

Smiles and spoken truths,
 Smiling because you know verses that speak truth, and those you speak it for also can know it's truth. And can teach others of truth. And having some people see you without glasses for the first time can be it's own little interesting adventure. It's surprising the difference they make.

Belief and bravery,
 Believing the words the bible says is not always an easy feat. Indeed. It can be a hard thing. But like many things, it can be tough at times, but that doesn't stop it from being true. And sometime belief starts with bravery.

All things from paper to peanut butter hearts.
 Writing your heart out with the words that come to you till you run out of paper. Or simply seeing the shape of a heart that comes into your bowl when you take a moment to stop and see the peanut butter left at the bottom.
 So everything from paper to peanut butter hearts. That is what my world is filled of.


Owl City - Verge(ft. Aloe Blacc)


 I hope you enjoy yours as well. Don't worry, sometimes all it takes is a moment of bravery to see the world filled of everything.
 It might not be paper, or in any way peanut butter. But be assured. You find got, and you'll find a whole new world of hearts. So may your world, be wonderfilled with God's heart.


My peanut butter heart


 -Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things