Camping

 What's your favorite camping activity? Well I'll tell you mine, it's writing! It's prepping time for Camp NaNoWriMo all you writers!

 Now, over on NaNoWriMo I've made two lists of writers from the form I camp out on throughout the year, The Christian Teens Together thread. If you're a young writer, feel free to stop by! We welcome newcomers, and see new ones almost every week.
 If you do happen to stop by, I'm known over there by my user name; Classical Dreamer. And just so you know, we have people of all ages, so don't worry!

 So this Camping trip for us writers on the thread will be a bit different from last year, where we were rather strung across a large number of cabins, which is fun! But this year I asked if anyone knew early on whether or not they were going to do it, and received a lot of responses, so many that I decided to make a list planning out cabins for all of us, so that we know where to go when Camp does start.
 As a result, (with 12 people to a cabin) we've planned out two full cabins of us young writers!

 So why am talking about it so early? Well, I'm excited! I love writing, and this time like last I have at least a small plan of what I'm going to be writing.
 Now last year I had a plan of what genre I wanted to be writing in, and at least a vague idea of a main character and a type of lifestyle he led, and what it would end up changing too.
 This time, I'm rewriting my first NaNoWriMo novel, the thing that started this whole NaNoWriMo journey, that would eventually lead me to meet all the other amazing writers over there!
 I am astonished at how many writers I have come to know over my teenage years, and I have not met a more friendly and loving community of people.

 So this coming April!

Camp NaNoWriMo

Starting April 1st, and going till April 30th.
Set your own goal of how many words to write,
get in a cabin with other writers,
have a person word count goal,
share with the other writers in your cabin,
encouragement, prompts, and anything else you want to talk about!
But most of all,
don't forget to have fun on your journey being a writer!

 Now I do not do anything official with NaNoWriMo, I am merely making this known to you so that if you're interested, you can come on over and join us! During the last Camp session, back in July of 2015, I wrote just over 35,000 words. Beating my November 2014 count of over 28,000. That boosted my moral to be able to beat the goal of last November in 2015, and passing through with 50,000 words.
 50,000 words in 30 days! THAT'S INSANE. EVEN TO ME. Believe me when I say that the journey of a writer is unlike any other. If you feel a calling or an urge, or whatever synonym you choose to use, to become a writer, than let me say these people are some of the most helpful people. Not to mention encouraging!
 Now I myself am a part of a number of writing groups, NaNoWriMo being my second most prominent, the first is a close group of friends I met long ago. We still are together and keep in touch!
 Writers make friends unlike any other, granted you hear some crazy stuff from and/or about us, but trust me when I say, it's quite a trip to be friends with a writer. And honestly, we have a very broad and scattered knowledge of many and very unpredictable things and subjects, events that aren't well known, or people you might have never heard of will suddenly be the topic of conversation.
 But truly, I've never heard of anyone who's known a writer as a friend, to be boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary