Does this make me a pirate?

Things certainly are strange. But would I really have it any other way? Not to mention I already am a pirate.

But you know, suddenly only being able to wear one earring does add a certain pizzazz to the whole deal of being a pirate. Not that I did this on purpose. On the contrary, I used to be able to wear two earrings, but two days after I had worn my last pair, I went to put a different pair in, and alas: my right ear was no longer pierced.
So granted this is an extremely weird topic to talk about, but honestly right now I'm strapped for ideas.
However! This does open up a lot of weird costuming opportunities!
  • I could be a Bejoran from Star Trek!
  • I could be a Pirate.
  • I could still literally be anything, I'd just be wearing one earring.
But mainly you know, I can have just one hoop earring in now and have some fun! :)
Not to mention, I've been wanting to do something kind of spunky with my appearance, but couldn't work up the courage yet to dye my hair at all. So now I'll be just having one dressed up ear, (I'm an owner of ear cuffs, so that plus a hoop or statement earring is certainly a different kind of look) and a side braid, on the right side so its not quite so readily noticeable I'm only wearing one.
From what I've heard, a lot of people freak out when an piercing closes up, I cannot believe how I simple went. (later, because at first I was getting ready to go to a dinner and was going to be dressed up, only to realize I couldn't wear my earring and necklace set.) But later on, I had a whole lot of fun thinking about what all I could do. Plus! (Oh gosh you're thinking, stop adding more onto this post already!!) ((if that's the case then you can be on your merry way or just keep reading, your choice.)) I can see if any of my friends/family have any single earrings that have long since lost their respective matching earring. And I can wear clip earrings on that ear once it's fully healed. Being closed doesn't mean healed, it is still tender. So before any comments of "Just repierce it" or "Just push the earring through" come up, let me say that you have to wait at least two weeks to safely repierce your ear, and that just shoving your earring through your ear can do a whole lot of harm, especially if it tears, which could open up your ear to infection, and keeping you from ever being able to pierce it again.
So I'm waiting on that right now.
If this post seems to be agressive, I just listened to a very sad song. So really, I have no idea why I'm even posting about being able to wear only one earring now.
 Oh well, you're the one reading the blog, so if there's any rhyme or reason to any of this you probably know more than I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary