18 Days

18 days since I last posted on here.
18 days since I haven't really had much to say.
18 days.

A number of people are going to be turning 18 this year. We're all panicking together. Though, I think I'm starting to panic less as I realize that I don't in fact actually need to panic. 18 is just a number. 18 is just another part of life.
I want to change my thinking process, to no longer be fearful of simply turning another year older. Because now, more and more, I'm realizing just how blessed I am to have this life. 18 years alive on this earth, is a blessing.
I've always not been one to hurry, whether to get my ears pierced, to learn how to drive, or be brave enough to go to a sleep over.
My life is full of slower processes. Many people don't seem to grasp that. But those that do have come to respect the fact that that's a part of me, and who I am. That I like to take my time, because most times when I go blindly rushing in, it doesn't end well.
I take my time because although other people might tell me I'm ready, I don't want to just rush on in because my own doubt of myself is what is making me not feel like I'm ready. I want to go that extra mile beyond ready, so that I'm less likely to fail. I still might, because I'm only human. But all the same, I want to make the least amount of mistakes that I can.
18 is only a number.
And I am only human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

By the grace of God