Growing pains

 I've been doing Tai Chi for 16 days now, and in the past week have had almost no back pain whatsoever! Frankly, I'm amazed at the fact that doing something so simple as Tai Chi, even if it's just a half hour out of my day, can provide such amazing results.
 That and, a good number of the pains that I had been feeling, some of them were actually from me growing. I've grown an inch in the past four months, which does explain some things!

 I've also been trying to grow mentally, especially in regards to my writing. I don't want to keep it hidden any more, and I don't want to just let it go unfinished.

 My brain's previous logic was severely flawed which was, "I'm afraid of what will happen once I finish this, but I'm afraid to not finish this before a certain time in my life, so I won't work on it at all."
 ^^^ try looking my profile picture in the eye and tell me that's not flawed logic. I don't want to keep my writing hidden, but at the same time I am still partially afraid of what will and would happen once a story of mine ever gets published. Except now, I have a purpose for my stories, whereas before, I simply wished to tell stories. Now that I have discovered what it is that I want to write about, and what it is that I want to show people, my drive for writing is suddenly far clearer than it has been before.

 I want to write stories that show my generation that things such as romance, love, friendship, truth, honesty, and sincerity, still exist.

 Love is something I feel that recently has been driven into the ground because no one knows what it really is anymore. Love is not a physical relationship you have with someone just because you can. Love is something between two hearts and two minds, it is something that no word can fully or ever completely explain. It's a special and unique relationship between two people that can never be fully explained or outlined by another person outside of it.
 I see lots of posts with the #relationshipgoals ticked on to the end of it. You know which ones I find the most special of those? The ones where people are taking pictures of their grandparents, and old couples they meet in random places. Those. Those are the relationships we should be seeing because those are the ones that have lasted through fire and time.
 I'm not saying a relationship is always perfect, I know that, but that doesn't mean you get to have a relationship where nothing is ever right.
 I said earlier it's between two people, and it is, but it's also between them and God.
 Love is a holy matrimony between two souls that should never be taken for granted.
 All of this, that I have written up here, is what I am wanting to show with my stories. I want to show the trials of a relationship, but also show that they are not impossible to have. True love has a longevity that is immeasurable.

 Romance is not dead. That is thing number two. Romance is something that the two people in a relationship will each do differently, because every person is different, and no two relationships in love will look exactly the same. Make sure of that, because if it is exactly the same as another, then I worry for those two people who aren't living their own love story.

 Friendship is something that is steadily vanishing, in the place of something we now call the "Friendzone."  Friendship still exists without having an invisible and more than likely non existing love interest! I have a lot of friends, and a lot of us would never think of dating each other, because that's just weird. I'll steal this from the internet today for a quote, "We're more than just friends, we're like a really small gang."
 Except my gang doesn't beat people up, we probably just go to the grocery store and come back to play board games.
 Friends without underlying romantic relationships still exist! STOP MAKING EVERY FRIENDSHIP INTO A ROMANTIC ONE.

 Truth, it can hurt, but it's also necessary. To be truthful, I have been very blunt in a lot of posts about my opinions and views on things, this one especially so. Truth is in the Bible. I suggest we both read it, because to be truthful, everyone needs it, and I don't think we could ever in our entire lives get enough of it.

 Honesty is something you almost have to pick and choose out of conversations now, like someone looking for the M & M's in a trail mix. That shouldn't need to happen! I'm not saying be rude, but I'm saying be honest with people. Don't lie to them to save face, because I can personally guarantee you, that it'll come right back at your face, and it'll hurt worse than anything you did.
 Honesty is something I highly value, because when someone keeps something from me without good reason, even occasionally with good reason, it still hurts. It hurts because I was lied too, even if just for a short while. I hate not having all the information, I hate not being able to know all I could know for an impending situation that I could help deal with!

 Sincerity, is something that I value highly. I value the sincerity of my friendships, and if I myself am not sincere, even if simply not being able to share information due to a circumstance, it hurts me. I don't want to keep things from people, but sometimes I have no other choice. I stated before, I wish I could share my real name with some of my friends over the internet, but I can't.
 I understand when my internet friends are unable to tell me things, because I also am unable to always share things. That's just how the internet goes. But we are still as sincere and honest as we can be.
 And with my friends I know in person, we try so hard to be sincere, because if someone isn't, it hurts, and someone's going to find out sooner or later.
 I try to be as sincere as I possibly can, because if you're not, someone might unknowingly hurt you, even though you might say it's okay. They like to know if something bothers or hurts you, because friends don't do that. Friends stick by you through thick and thin and do their best to help you and keep others from hurting you, that's how friendship works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

By the grace of God