Achievement Unlocked: Day of Firsts

 Today was full of more fun than I would have given it credit for this morning. Considering I was more than just a bit peeved when I realized I wasn't told about meeting up with friends to watch my towns parade, not to mention I didn't know the parade was today. However, once we got there things improved greatly! While this was the second year I've gone to go see the parade, and only a little under a year of knowing a whole lot of my friends here, today was still full of firsts.

1) I took pictures of the parade with my film camera.
1b) Someone moved right in front of my camera right as I took a picture of a team of horses that I wanted to get a picture of.
1c) My friend and I made a lot of sarcastic comments about some of the people in the parade, mainly the ones that were on their smart phones.. seriously! You're riding horses in a parade and you're on your phone!? Who does that?
1d) Very few people wave in our parade... and I don't know why.

2) I bought a plastic and lace fan from a vendor for $5, and I feel fabulous.

3) My family and our friends stopped off for ice cream at our ice cream shop after the parade, which none of us had gone in before. It was fantastic. Homemade ice cream in waffle cones! I had a Peach cone and it was soooooo good. It still had chunks of peaches in it, and overall it had a buttery vanilla flavour to it, I will definitely be going back there this summer!
3b) It was maybe 60 degrees today, but who cares, it's ice cream!

4) I broke a guitar string while trying to tune my guitar. Thankfully it decided to fly in the opposite direction of my face and glasses!

5) Met today's writing goal of 1,000 words on my Camp novel!

6) Did some fanart for a show that I've been watching recently called, Person of Interest. It's such a good show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

By the grace of God