New Month, New Look!

Hopefully, you've noticed that I changed both the name and look of my blog. But fear not, it is still the same!

 While it's last name was 'A Touch of Euphoria' it had actually begun to wear on me some, despite the fact that I do love the candy like appearance of the last design.
 'Bluebirds and Birch trees' is a name that came to me most recently, and I decided to give it a try. I hope you enjoy it too!

 So a few things to talk about in the light of the new month:

 NaNoWriMo 2016 has ended. Although saddening, it has finally reached the last day, as well as the first day of the month.
 Many of my friends and a few of my readers did complete the 50 thousand word goal, set upon in the early hours of November 1st. Though now, we welcome in the beginning of a new month, and a new season. December is full, full of people and editing as well as scrambling gift giving as people like me do their best to try and figure out just what to get their friends and family members, who insist they want "nothing!" Or, "Anything, it doesn't really matter."  Although perhaps intended to be polite/indifferent whatever you want to call it, it really does a number on people like me who go, "No! Tell me what you want so I can get it for you! I HAVE NO IDEAS."

 But that's only one point of a few.
NaNoWriMo has come and gone, and I applaud all of you who rose up to take on the challenge! I myself finished with just over 28 thousand words. Similar to the first year I undertook NaNoWriMo. In fact, just 238 words less than the first time I attempted to complete this strange task.

 Writing for me, should be a pleasure and an undertaking all in one. It shouldn't instill fear or trepidation or panic, it should be a pass time or a pleasurable experience, to create.
 Originally, I had no intended on participating in the event of NaNoWriMo at all. Then I wondered if maybe I just could complete 50 thousand words in one month again, like last year. I should have known better however, but I did and I didn't listen to my own reason because–Hey! I can do this, it won't be nearly as difficult as last time, plus I've done it before, I should breeze through it. Right?–Wrong.
 While writing is something I love and something that is a passion of mine, I understand that my own writing processes is not something I can do alongside a month long process that is almost the exact opposite of what it is that I try to do.

 I love writing, I love making stories, and I love telling them. The power of a story-teller is one that is to inspire.
 For me, storytelling is an immensely important thing, because my life has always been built around the telling and creating of stories. Perhaps it will be a while before I can actually write a half decent novel to be published, I don't know! Maybe I'll write collections of short stories, or who knows!
 I love to tell stories because I think they are important in our lives. They keep us going and they keep us alive, both in spirit and in mind.

 So while NaNoWriMo might not be my cuppa tea, it might definitely be someone else's. And I applaud those to whom it is. Because it's not easy! By no means is writing considered easy! Because it involves what many people dislike to do, called fail. Failure, oh how we humans seem to shudder at that word, because it means we weren't able to complete something.

 Well sit up straight, and pick up that pencil! Writing is littered with "failures" and "mistakes" but absolutely every single writer makes them. It's a part of life, a part of life that happens to suck, but hey, we're human, so we're fallible. But that's part of the adventure.

 I cannot begin to describe how many writing mistakes or inconsistencies, spelling errors, continuity errors, names, descriptions, tenses, their/they're/there, to/two/too, when//then/than/them, this/these, of/or, it/is/its/it's, red/read, I have gotten wrong. Because I don't know. But if I knew it, I would probably have less time on my hands than I do because I would have spent all of my free time looking for them and nitpicking them when in reality, I should've just been writing.

 Writing is the important step because it's also the hardest step, to sit down and either write on paper, or on a keyboard, or a typewriter if you're fancy, and put one word after another. It's possibly one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do.
 Because to write, means to make mistakes, but to own them.
 Mistakes do not define you as a writer.
 Writing is what defines you as a writer.



 The Blog: I am going to try and take this on again.
 To be honest, I stopped writing on here because I began to lose interest/inspiration for this blog. But I think that was a bad idea to stop writing. Another author has said, (please correct me if it's the wrong author I'm quoting here.) 

If I waited for perfection I would never write a word. –Margaret Atwood

 Waiting for perfection is not the way to write. Writing, as I said up above, is riddled with problems. Problems that I was starting to not want to take on. But I'm a writer. It's what I do. It's what I want to do.

 I like writing dynamic things. I like writing exciting things! I like to write, the slower, more somber things. Perhaps, even the questions they might propose? Who knows!
 I love to write. Because I am a writer. And it's already in my blood.
 To write, is an undertaking.
 To write, might be considered insanity.
 But to write?

 That is poetry.



 Bible reading: I have been reading one chapter of Proverbs every day, one for each day of the month, for the past few months now.
 Proverbs one on the 1st, second chapter on the 2nd, and so forth.
 Reading the bible every day is a daily commitment. To pick it up and read it. Not just glaze over the pages and say, "I did my reading for today, so I don't need to do anything else."
 I am reading every day if I can, because it's important. Both to me, and to God.
 By reading His word, it is slowly working its way further and further into my heart, mind and soul. And it's important to me, that I know it.
 I struggle daily with troubles and sin, because I'm not perfect. I am far from being a perfect person.
 But to be the daughter of God, THE God. That is something that I cannot begin to describe the amazement of. Because it is just that, amazing, beyond all else.

 If it works out, (Which I shall try to do again) I'll be posting perhaps my thoughts or verses from what I've either read that day, or thought about, or just in general want to ask.
 Everything is changing for me, it always is! So I hope that it works for you too, my reader.



 Everything else: I'm still gonna ramble, I'm still going to talk about strange and random things. After all, I'm pretty sure that's partly how I started blogging!

 Have a wonderful day everyone, and God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone