Not Resolutions

 Why not resolutions? Because do be completely honest, I've never made one, or if I had I rather doubt I kept it. Rather, I call them yearly goals. Now those more often than not, I do keep. So here, is a short list of things I wish to accomplish this year, and will do my absolute best to complete them. But they are not the ordinary goals one usually hears during the excitement of new years partying.

  • Finish reading Sherlock Holmes.
  • Finish reading Jules Verne.
  • Finish reading Emma, by Jane Austen.
  • Complete first draft of Skaters World.
  • If possible to continue from the above, work on draft two.
  • Complete chapter one of Coffee Rings, draft something. (I lost track for that one)
  • Work on, and if possible, complete draft one/rewrite Commit.
  • Update all outlines.
  • Get papers from writing and artwork orderly and filed.
Granted, every single one of those pertains to stories, in one form or another. However, I do have non-writing related goals as well; such as--

  • Get drivers license.
  • Make an organization system for things. (This includes non-paperwork items.)
  • Make more art.

Now, art is something I just work on throughout the year every year, but I add it to the list anyway even though I don't need reminders for that one. License? It's been an interesting adventure for that one. Organization? *nervous laughter* As you can see with any of the three personality types I've scored as, I/E N/S FP that I am not an easily organized person. But I do try! I can make things nice and orderly, it just doesn't usually stay that way for very long...

So although these are somewhat odd goals, I am an odd person. And I don't care. I got Sherlock Holmes, leather bound about two or three years ago, and I have yet to finish it. I have read about four or five stories in total, but it is not reading to be taken lightly... nor is it light reading. (The book weighs about three or four pounds!) Jules Verne is larger still if I recall. That, and I have Chronicles of Narnia. Which although I've read a dozen times over, it doesn't hurt to read again. I have many books of which I would love to find and read, I do not have a very good library, and will more than likely simply have to borrow from my book reading friends. Or if at all possible... get them to get the books from their libraries.
 Honestly! I have a lot of books I want to read, I just simply do not have the means! (Or the money currently -_-  )

  • Percy Jackson series (I reaaaaally want to read this one, but I can't find it anywhere!)
  • Kane Chronicles, (heard this one wasn't as good, but I'll see after I read Percy Jackson)
  • A few manga have also made the list, along with other graphic novels of books I have already read.
  • L'Abri
  • Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Bible
  • My Utmost for His Highest
  • Extremely Pale Rosé
  • A choice of weapons
  • Shakespeare
  • The Tightrope Men 
  • Red October
  • More Hardy Boys
So aaaaaaaaaalll of these, and a few more that I'm sure I've momentarily forgotten, are what I want to read this year. I have no doubt I'll add more to the list as things go on, and I'm also open to suggestions as well! Especially mysterys, if you have

Comments

  1. "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie is fantastic. I read it last year, and loved it. It's a teeny bit slow at the beginning, but once you get started, people start dropping like flies. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary