Question from Mandy: Who am I?

Who am I?
I'm the girl who looks beyond the ordinary. I search for things unseen and answers not yet known. I'm the girl who is a maelstrom in the very deep because, that is what I seek, depth. I seek to know the depths because it is only there that the truth really lies. I search constantly, looking into the dark places to find what it is that I seek. Yet I do not know, that is right before me. What I seek is not in darkness but in light. I do not need to find those places dark and cold and unyielding, but to look forward and beyond, beyond and on to the light that has called me. I am a maelstrom and I am a dark being that has learned what light is. I fell into darkness when I was born but have been shown a light. I still liken myself to a maelstrom because it is unknown. It's power is not one to be reckoned with, and it's strength is not in its appearance. It goes deeper than any can see, but those who try to venture in may be pulled in entirely. Be careful what is it you ask of me, because even now, I do not always know what it is I ask of myself. Yet at the same time, I am not a storm, I am a calm. I am the glassy surface of the sea who is barely rippling. I am the colors that filter through me and shine my way. I am a prism, in a desert storm. I glint and I glimmer, but what do I mean? I do not know, even know, what it is that I truly say.
I am the girl who lost her way, when I saw the world all tinted over with rose. The glass in front of me shattered, only to show–the world is far more beautiful and chaotic than I thought my glasses could show. Without the lens of premature and altogether assuming thought, I am capable of seeing clearly now, more so than before.
I am a girl who learned what it was to be broken by the world, I am the girl who felt the call of the dark.
But here I am.
And what am I?
I am the girl who survives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone