Curious indeed

 This new year of two thousand and sixteen has started off quite different from last year, and quite different from imagined. But it is not altogether, quite apart from fantastic!

 First and foremost, I am sitting here with the very strange brunch of cold homemade pizza, and coffee. Mostly because someone took it upon themselves to eat what was left of my toast. The coffee pot was still about halfway full, and we can't have that on a Saturday, oh no sir!
 Secondly, on the first day of the new year, I completed a drawing of myself, along with nearly all the characters of my stories that I had written about in the past year of 2015. The ending result being me, accompanied by the two main characters of Coffee Rings, the four main and three supporting of Skaters World, and the seven main with the nine supporting of Commit. Despite that rather large number of twenty-five characters, plus myself, I ran out of room and was unable to include any others from other novels, or any short stories as well. So as a result, it is my novel characters only, but it is still quite a feat for me, as more often than not such a drawing is usually left forgotten and only about a third of the way completed.
 Thirdly, a fellow Chriteno of mine had a very (to me at least, as well as the rest of the Chriteno's over at NaNoWriMo) alarming New Year's week. But Remi, you are in my prayers even still, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!
 Fourthly, is it odd that even now at the beginning of January, I am beginning to plan on what I will do for the April Camp NaNoWriMo? I think not, indeed, if I don't plan ahead on such ventures, it will undoubtedly end like my first NaNoWriMo, which wasn't very exciting. However, the following July during camp is when I met with the Chriteno's of NaNoWriMo, and thanks to their marvelous support of me and my writing, I was able to get it done! The same with this past November, of which I would not have been able to complete without their help. Thank you Chriteno's for helping me make my stories a reality! (Even though they need a gregarious amount of editing *slightly happy cringe* but all good stories do no doubt.)
 Also, I am quite certain...

... that I have no clue what it is I want, or need to do.

I plan on graduating this year, if all goes well. But even once I do that, what does one do when you are finished with school? I have no plans on going to a college straight away, for the very simple reason of I have no wish to, if I don't know what it is I want to do.
I wish to be a writer, but one can do so many things whilst being a writer. I draw, but sadly that will only be a thing I pursue to a healthy degree, as I wish to take into account, that not only does it take a great toll on my hands, but due to some well placed warnings of other artists, I am not going to ignore the fact that I may indeed be, well... ruining my hands. Artists have to take care of their hands, as do writers, and since how I am both, I take a great toll on my fingers especially. And lately, is has begun to show itself in both discomfort, and blatant disregard of myself when it comes to how I draw. So in a sad realization, I must pace myself. But it is extremely difficult, because it's no short time fix of simply taking a week or two off of drawing to get back to normal, I've been drawing since before I can remember, and as a result, my fingers nest, rather then rest together. It's not something that's you know, a problem, I merely wish to take care that it does not become one.
 As far as writing is concerned, I need to take care of how I type, because in the past due to crochet especially, I began to feel the beginnings of.. carpal tunnel, I think. Whatever it is, it's the one thing that someone in my, I can't call it a profession really, as I don't make money from it. But I don't know what else I would call it. A pursuit isn't a strong enough word, so I'll just call it my profession, since how I don't really do much else.
 This post has become rather dreary, bust just so you know, this is almost like a virtual journal for me, so it's bound to happen from time to time. (I just make sure it doesn't happen too often!)

 On a very much lighter note, I look forward to the oncoming year with great joy, for a vast multitude of reasons, not the least of all being--I can't wait to spend day's full of joy with people that I love. I don't doubt I'll have days without a lot of laughter, but until I have a reason, I will be a joy-maker.
 Also, I wish to follow God more, and stronger than last year, so much so that it is incomparable. I don't always do my part, to that I admit, but for me, admitting is very much the first step to anything it is that I need to confront and overcome.
I posted much more last year that I had ever thought I would, and it wasn't a terrible lot either, but I expect and look forward, to sharing things with you all, and to try and be a blessing to others.

 May your new year be bright, and may God be with you.

Happy New Year, one day late!

-Mae, a.k.a. Classical Dreamer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things