First and Foremost

 Today, January 1st, 2017.

 I didn't go to sleep until well past 1 AM, and woke up about 8 hours later.
 I didn't finish a drawing I was working on, until close to 12:30 in the morning.
 I didn't do a lot of things this past year that I could have. But I won't let that stop me from doing my best this year.
 I use the word I a lot. Because I find myself both easy and hard to talk about. I talk about myself and my experiences, because I don't know what else to say.
 Sometimes I'll post a word, or maybe a story, an opinion, who knows. But for the most part, I've talked about myself because I don't really know what to say. So how about this for a change:



  1.  Talk more about things, people or places. I mean, come on. I feel like I spend all of my time researching.
  2. Have something I talk about consistently maybe once a month or once a week.
  3. Share joys, not sorrows.

 Three goals for my blog. How about three goals for me:


  1. Grow closer to God.  I'll be honest, I have struggled this past year. But with how things have been going I know that if I work at it, and I stay with it, I'll get closer to Him, maybe more than I was before. But it requires me to do the work as well, whether that means reading my bible more, talking with Him more, praying more. Whatever it is. I need to work harder at it, because if I don't do anything, I won't change or do anything.
  2. Not be afraid.  Honesty number two: I'm always scared of something. Sometimes they may be rational fears, but I'd hazard a guess that 90% of what I'm scared of, is in my head. I can't let that control me, however, because my mind does not rule over me, nor my emotions. I am not to be a slave to my thoughts or emotions, and that will also be hard work, but if I've learned anything over the past two years: life is hard work. I might as well show up for it.
  3. Complete something.  I don't care what it is. Finish a short story. Finish that collage you've been painting. Finish organizing your unpacked boxes. Finish school. Finish putting all the dishes away. Just go all the way with what you do and don't leave the task half done! My room and folders are full of unfinished pieces of art, writing and who knows what else. My craft box, full of unfinished projects. My bookshelves, halfways full of unread books. My room, halfway finished. I will finish things that I start, whether it's art, writing, organizing or reading. Because I can't just leave everything in my life lying around half done. I can't live like that, and I shouldn't.


 So here's something I'll ask you, dear readers.

 Would you ask me? Ask if I've finished anything this week? Or month even. For a self driven person I am quite lazy, yet at the same time I know I can accomplish so much. I have far too many possibilities to leave everything of mine undone, and I don't want to be known for that. Perhaps I'll post about something I've finished or accomplished, or a thing I've managed to get done. I just know, that I can do this, but sometimes I just need a little help.


 I don't want to end on a sad/depressing note, so how about this:

 I spent New Years watching a Charlie's Angels movie while eating way too many sweets :P  That, and I probably didn't need all of the sugar. Did you do anything for New Years? Or did you lounge around like me and not go anywhere? ;)

Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things