Come sit with me.

Oh me,
oh my,
is anyone still awake?

The hum of life and cricket crows,
Of hummingbirds and daffodils, and lilac flower grows.
Of times of tot and tittle tee,
of laughing days, just you and me.

Oh me,
oh my,
is anyone still awake?

I sit here and wonder,
just where I would dare to wander.
Where I would choose to grow,
if not for one and simple crow.

Oh me,
oh my,
is anyone awake?

Where the world goes,
and where the world blows,
let the simple shining truth,
come out once more,
out from under this old roof.

Oh me,
oh my,
is anyone awake?

There's a story and a thing yet to be told,
and once again I'm not certain where it goes.
I just move along with the words,
to go wherever it is that they may flow.

Oh me,
oh my,
isn't this a sight?

My heart yearns for things unseen,
and deep within the valley lay,
a silver bay,
and sunset gleam.

Oh me,
oh my,
is anyone still awake?

Come sit and talk with me,
beside the silver lake.
Come sit with me, and skip some stones,
the silver glint of dapple ponds.

Oh me,
oh my,
am I still awake?

I wonder now, often days,
will this be written still,
for all the world to wake.

Oh me,

      oh my,

                is anyone,



                                .... still awake?



Come sit with me ©Mae Fort

Comments

  1. I meant to comment on this a while ago, but this has got to be one of my favorite pieces of yours! :) I love the bit with the formatting at the end. You know when to have the lines be a bit longer and then when to just barely say a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things