3 AM

 Having a day of awesome music and an extremely large flow of creativity, tend to get my brain way over stimulated. As a result, I didn't fall asleep till 3 in the morning, which also meant I was awake for over 19 hours yesterday.  But, it always seems to happen on the nights before an event or something with which I am involved. So, today has been a rather off day, but when I woke up, I seemed to be rather well rested considering I got a little less then 6 hours of sleep. But typically, less sleep like this tends to have my attention span shorted as well, unless it's not on anything super important. But, going outside and working for a little bit did a good amount of clearing my head. The outdoors version of Spring cleaning. Pruning trees and bushes and the like is a nice thing, because you're clearing the area as well as your head.
 So that was my 3 am. I am definitely not going to bed when I did last night, nor am I going to stimulate my brain so much. There's a line between just listening to music, and then not taking a break from it all day, which with me almost always causes the constant replaying of the loudest song over and over again in my head as I try to go to sleep. And yet I never seem to learn.

Me - It wont matter how much I listen to this rock song.
Me at 3 am - I will not do this again.
Me two months later - It wont matter how much I listen to this song.

... and that is the cycle. So I really need to remember, because if I can achieve a reasonable constant sleep cycle, and keep it constant, I would be overjoyed...

 ... and well rested to boot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary