Steady Hands

 Whenever I have tried to use nail polish, it would always, undoubtedly, end with me asking for another's help to do the other hand. But the past two times I have done my nails, the second one being this morning, I have had no help, and both times my nail polish has remained on the nails only.  Previously, my hands would shake a lot and I didn't have a whole lot of control over the brush, and would resort to keeping my brush hand still and moving my other hand under it instead. Which would sometimes still result in a poorly done set of nails.  But now, I have done a reasonably good job, which is to say I will not be taking the nail polish off until it has chipped off to a good degree.
 Even so, I always do it on a day that I don't have plans on going anywhere. In case. But polish is tricky. It can be super thin, or thick, or it might be very drippy and still be thick.  I never know, so I always try new polishes when I'm not going anywhere. I used to have a large collection, but on a trip somewhere, two or three bottles half exploded and half leaked over a good amount of part of my suitcase (I was not well versed in the art of putting things like that in plastic bags during transit.). So I hadn't really done much nail polish since then. But now I'm beginning to use it every now and then. But lets just say, a week or so of small amounts of ambidextrous writing exercise, has helped a great deal. At least to the point that my non-dominant handwriting is legible, and I have a fair amount of control over the hand motions.

 What are some favourite colors and brands of your nail polish? Mine lead towards pastel colors and the like. But no particular brand.


  -Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Fewer Things