Dutch Boho

 So I was trying different types of braids and including my new elastic headbands, and what I came up with, was dutch braiding my hair, partly over and partly under the headband, to give a regular headband type of look. So really, the headband is just decorative at the moment, but small steps.
 So I dutch braided my hair, then, I tugged at the sections gently, which gave it that nice full look, which although my hair is thick itself, the braid itself becomes surprisingly small. So a side dutch braid + yellow headband = a boho look. And, Boho (it took me a while before I actually looked it up) or bohemian hairstyles tend to work very well for my hair. And the fact that I like how they look in a grand plus! And experimenting now before the weather gets super hot again is going to be nice, also, it's hard to find easy but nice looking style for long hair that's not a type of ponytail, and this is a braid, but not to many braids actually get the hair off your neck. So hopefully I'm going to be very good at many types of braid making before the Summer makes it's appearance. French and Dutch braids are my favorites, along with top buns, but with waist long hair, buns aren't always easy. They might be easy to make, but keeping them up on top of my head isn't the easy part, it typically will include 3-5 bobby pins before I'm satisfied, and that's just for being around the house! When I'm actually doing things, I actually haven't counted the bobby pins. I don't think I want too. So I'll just say that it's a lot! I'm hoping to find the really large pins, they will hopefully keep my hair up with a lot less struggle.


 -Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary