Snow Day

 So last night we got at least a half and inch of ice, and then over an inch of snow on top of that throughout the day. Possibly two.
 So today became a snow day! Most times like this, I prefer to either (1. play in the snow, or (2. Do stuff inside.
 I managed to do both!

 I have a lot of excess things in my room, and strewn throughout the surfaces and floor. Also, a lot of  unpacked boxes, and a lot of things that I don't even know any more why I still have them.  So this Spring/Summer, I'm going to collaborate with some people and have a yard sale. It'll be nice to have some of the stuff gone.
 So rearranging furniture, moving boxes around, and cleaning some stuff (aka. throwing some things in the trash because I really don't care, and most likely haven't thought about it for the past year).
 Then playing in the snow, which first was simple going outside and helping a friend de-ice their car, and then avoiding others as I went back to the house. And trying to get as much ice off of my favorite tree, which is so loaded with ice it's bent down almost half it's height. Then, mini snowball fights. :)  Then rolling around and tackling others in the snow, and watching the neighbors use different things to replace the lack of a sled to go down a reasonably sized hill right outside my house.
 And as a result, a snow day. Of which I got near to none scholarly things done. You cant say that every snow day is without learning. I learned a good deal! But it's not the kind of things you write about, not so much as it's just a wonderful snow day.


 -Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary