Pre-foreshadowing, it's a thing!

 So once again I fail to post anything relevant to writing, or work on any of my drafted posts; especially the one on villains. That one I am very excited for even though it's long, and I hope it goes over well.

 It's almost April, and Camp NaNoWriMo is on it's way! I'm in a cabin with 9 others from the Christian Teens Together forum on NaNoWriMo. It's looking to be a very interesting and hopefully lively year! (For writing at least, I'm not so sure about some of the characters when it comes to the lively bit... what can you say? We're writers!) I will say this much, this novel is looking to be very different compared to many of my other stories, main thing being: I wish to break social norms.
 Romance is not dead. Love is not dead. Don't mistake lust for either of the aforementioned.
 I will let this spoiler out of my novel; it will not contain a love triangle. Not only do I hate it when they are introduced to a novel without any rhyme or reason, but with the ones that I have read they have seldom lacked in unnecessary drama. There is only one or two "love triangles" that I can say were rather warranted, but the stories themselves also had a brilliant plot to them.
 If there was a point I wished to drive home with my upcoming story, it would be this: Romance is not dead.
 I am a romantic, that much is true. But I also understand that romance is not the only thing that is needed in any given romantic relationship. The things needed in a real relationship, go beyond any one simple thing.
 I have high standards, I know this and the people that are closest to me know it as well. If the men who wish to date me cannot measure up to these standards, it is not me who will be making the changes. I retain my standards because I have been shown what it is to be a real gentleman, and have hopes that the man I will end up marrying one day, will be able to go A and B the C of D. Or, as Redwall taught me this phrase with that short acronym. Above and Beyond, the Call of Duty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

Blogiversary