Bittersweet

 When you love someone dearly, they take a place in your heart. But then what do you do when that person leaves.
 The hole still remains where that part of your life should have been. But no longer.
 Where do you go from there, with an emptiness in your soul that you were never meant to feel in the first place.
 What do you do, when your grief is more than you can understand.



 Nothing. You don't control your grief, because you shouldn't. Let yourself feel, the way you need to feel. Let your soul grieve, and let your heart cry. Because that special part of your life has just died. Let yourself be angry, or let yourself be sad. Let all of those emotions between rise to the surface and erupt. Because we were not meant to feel grief. That is part of the fall. The fall of mankind. We were not supposed to know this pain, but feel it we now will.
 Let grief run its course, and it will pass. But think of it like an ocean storm. The rain might stop, but you are still left with the ocean at your feet. It might be calm some days, or others it can rage like a burning fire. But let it be. Let yourself grieve, because we weren't supposed to know death.


 Today, the storm in me is quiet. But yesterday it was not so. Nor the day before. But at the same time, I am thankful for the strange peace that my heart has allowed me this time. Because that is how I wish to remember, the one that I lost.



Happy Birthday my dear. For you would have been one year older this day. And I do so deeply wish, that we could have shared one more day together.

 With love, from the girl who wished you well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone