Regarding gluttony

... I mean gluten. Regarding gluten.

Hey! It's August, which means that starting technically yesterday (though stuff happened and it didn't work out) I am attempting to go gluten free in my diet to see how that clears up my health.

 I didn't have a problem with going gluten free at first, (but I said earlier stuff happened) but while in the store the person I was with decided to spend about half of our grocery shopping trip in the baked goods section... yeah. I wasn't very happy for a little while.
 But anyway! Most people apparently struggle to change breakfast routines the most when they change their diets. For me, that isn't really going to be a struggle changing it. Mainly because I don't actually eat any food until about 10. I start with coffee or tea, but rarely to I eat anything right after waking up.

 As it is, I'll be eating a lot of rice in the future, and later today most likely. But one thing that does have me excited is that I've been wanting for a while now to try eating more Japanese style foods, and as they have rice with every meal including breakfast, I doubt finding things to eat will be an issue.

 Yesterday, the person I was shopping with (I didn't have money because I bought art supplies, and the good ones are expensive!) bought me a bento box! If you don't know what a bento box is, it's the Japanese lunch box. (Bento is lunch in Japanese.)
 I look forward to learning to make a number of things though. My first goal is to make Onigiri; Rice Balls. The Japanese equivalent of a sandwich actually, as I've read. Usually filled with either some form of fish, chicken or beef, or possibly a vegetable if you're not into the meat onigiri.
 Anyway, I'll probably be talking about this for a little bit in the future. (Food is always fun to talk about in my opinion.)

 The one exception to my diet, which has been rather unanimously agreed upon, is that my family eats a lot of pasta. But, we get a certain type of pasta that doesn't have anything processed and so forth. So, whenever my family does a pasta meal, I won't be exempt from eating it. Plus, I've read that it's not always good to cut all gluten from your diet at once, especially if you eat it a lot, your body needs to transition. So, you'll probably be hearing about failed/successful recipes and other goodies in the future. (If I can remember to blog after this!)

 Have a good day! God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone