Resolutions

 Resolutions can be quite strange can't they? One moment you're wondering about something, then something in you just decides–No. You're not going to do that any more.
 I often wonder if others feel this way. If you are just thinking about a part of your life, that hasn't changed in forever, yet you wonder why you just let it keep going. Till finally, one day just out of the blue, you take a stand and say, "No more."

 Mine are always when I expect them least. Which is a good thing I suppose! Though, I often wonder why I hadn't taken that ability into my hands sooner, since I had them all the while.
 The resolution, to not let something in your life keep you stuck. To let something keep you from doing what you need to, or wanting to. Knowing that if you throw in everything you've got, that you'll no longer be a slave to that thing that's keeping you stuck.

 I know with others, it can be more difficult with certain things, but you can't help but feel empowered when you take that stand and say. "No. That's not going to happen any more."
 Mine, tend to be things that others might consider trivial perhaps, but we all struggle with different things, and have very different lives. Which is also a good thing.

 I am going to graduate next year. I have a say in things, though I might not always have the say that is voted on the most or is the most favored. But, my voice is heard, so I speak.
 But at the same time, my vote holds a great deal more influence than I usually understand.

 Make the kinds you make within yourselves. The kind where what matters most is that you choose to follow the better path that has been laid out before you. So take the first step.
 Tell those things that have been keeping you hostage, "No. You have no more hold on me." And move! Move forward! Take a step and leave that tiny thing behind. The thing that alone is small, but the so many small things are weighing you down. Just start with one. Just say no. I'm not doing that any more. Do it.


 You know what those things are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

So I broke my phone