Stand Up.

 Be who you are and not who the world wants you to be.

 Who would the world want me to be? A girl who's already got one foot out the door for college as soon as my high school diploma is in my hand. The girl that has so much debt already racked up before I'm 20 that I'll spend most of my beginning and middle adult life paying it off. The one who tried smoking just to say I did, or the one who disrespected my parents at every turn. Who would the world want me to be? They would want me to be a nobody. To not make any waves. Who would they want me to be, other than nobody significant.

 But who am I? I'm the girl who's working on a plan for how I'm going to start my first job as soon as I graduate. Working on becoming self sufficient for the time that I know will come, which is to be on my own. The girl who got only a basic credit card to pay off, and not use until a real emergency arises. The girl who does her very best in order to stay healthy in a world that already has damaged parts of me. The girl who does her best to try and listen to the wisdom of her parents and to remember their words for the future, they've already gone through this part of life, so they do in fact know more than I. I strive to be myself, because that's who I am. I make waves in the parts of my life because I know that in stagnant water nothing can grow. I make waves so that those around me can see that they too can stand up for themselves in their lives. Who would I have me be? None other than the woman that God has planned me to be. And to Him, I am more than significant. I am called Daughter by the One High King. And that is more than I could ever hope to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone