Less is more

 Oh how often I tend to ignore such a profound and true statement.

 It's not that I choose to be someone who has a multitude of objects and things, it's just that so many times through the years, I just couldn't bear to think about getting rid of anything.
 But now, things are changing, and I am changing. So I have come to stop trying to resist the change that inevitably needs to happen.
 Because it's that one process that you learn is the hardest part of growing up; you need to learn to let go.

 To learn to let go, is not always an easy thing. Whether it be for an object, or a person. Because life moves so rapidly, that we can easily become stuck in the past. To change is not easy, because it requires growth. And when looking back to childhood, you always experienced growing pains. A lost tooth, a gained inch, broadening of shoulders, and a deepening of the voice. All things that you experience when you grow, can be a pain. Whether physical, or emotional. Because with growth, can also come heartbreak. Because that is another part of growth, and also of life.

 The irony that both can come hand-in-hand to greet you when you are so boldly smiling. The mere fact that a shining childhood can become so dimmed by numbers and equations. Verbs and adjectives are meant to be learned; so they say. But where have you seen the best poetry written in life. In a room with perfect lines and algebra teachers? Or in that first moment when you learn to breath with your own soul.
 Tell me, where do you think poetry begins? In here, or in your heart.

 Tell me, where do you think poetry begins? In a sinking ship or a wailing beast?

 Tell me, where do you think poetry begins?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone