An adventure awaits me

 Dear Reader,

 Taking the plunge has become something I've found myself saying several times since writing it out. Taking adventures, no how small, to me are one step closer towards finding the next one, and the ultimately larger, and more magnificent goal!
 A goal, to me, no matter how small is a goal. And passing just a small one can buoy you to the next one. And if it's a bit to far, then I find a foothold somewhere. I can always find one, and if I cant, then I look either a little closer or a little further on. You'll find one, and you have the capability, you just need to do the work to make it. And I've started to understand that. Writing? Camp NaNoWriMo, I wrote just over 35,000 words. That's seven thousand more than in November! And for this, I know that this coming November, I'll make it. I'll push it, and I'll write it, and I'll grab what footholds I need to reach the top. And then I'll climb again to the next mountain, but who's to say you aren't allowed to enjoy the valleys in between. You can push, but you can also rest, just don't stay for too long, or it'll be even harder to get up and keep going. So that's what I'm going to do. I've been resting in the valley, but I think I'm beginning to overstay my welcome. That being said. I'm going to continue writing more, even though I've already technically won, my story is just over halfways completion. Not good enough to stop at. To take a break from writing over seven thousand words in a day, I've had a long enough break. It's time to get moving again. Staying still for too long when pursuing something, will only let it get farther away from you as you stay in place. And as for looking back, remember it, but don't let it stop you. I could say, "I've climbed all these mountains, I think I need to stop, because what if I need to go back?"
 For starters. I don't want to go back. I don't always want to backtrack. I'll bring the memories with me, the good and the bad. But I wont let anything hold me from moving forward towards what I need to find and what I need to do. It's not going to hold me back from going forward with anything. The darkness can try. Because as it's said.

I used to be afraid of the dark until I learned that I am a light, and the dark is afraid of me.  - Ephesians 5:8

 So it wont hold me back. Because I wont let it. And neither will God. He has a plan for me, and He has a plan for you. So don't you dare let that darkness swallow you whole. It may have tried with me, and it will try again, because that's what darkness is. But I will push it back again and again with the strength that God gives me. I will not be held bound by things that are neither my fault nor my own words. I've had enough of internal lies, it's time I listened to the truth.


 - Mae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Villains

By the grace of God

A daily life