Costume Planning!

 *sung to the tune of an operetta.*

 So today is a day. And for some things it is THE day. The day I have sent in an essay to school, and also the day I plan a simply fantastic costume for a youth party.. totally going to try and cream the costume competition with mine.
 The verdict on what I am going to be, thanks to some friends over on NaNoWriMo, and my mom, is this--

Steampunk Pirate

I'M SO EXCITED! I am mixing two of my favorite things together and I hadn't thought of this before!? Thankfully my mom is very supportive of my costuming, and in her words the best I can recall them, was essentially this--
 "Honey, you're gonna let them know that this is your stage."

:D I love my mom. Totally fine with me attempting to cream the costume competition. Granted I have no clue what the other's costumes are going to be like, since how I've never been here before... and I cant find pictures of any previous costumes they might have come up with..... that's a slight bit of what I do to see how far I should go with the costume. Because, there's three levels that I see to costumes.
  • Halloween stage, is either store bought or slightly above.
  • On Stage stage, very well done costumes, but not overly done so as to not be able to move.
  • Cosplay, a whole other stage that many people seldom even try to touch.
If I was to categorize my things, I honestly make costumes that have gone nearly to cosplay level in some occasions. So for a Steampunk Pirate, I'm not holding back on this one. I might be happy enough with it to post a picture. That remains to be seen. However, *giggles while looking a tad insane to people who don't know her.* costuming is my stage. I'm not going easy during a competition, never have, and probably never will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone