Party Bash

 Last night's halloween bash was one of the most exciting halloween parties I have ever been too. And probably the only one with dancing.

 Well, to start off with it all, when I got there I thought I was the only one in costume (there's about 40-50 people there) and so my parents decided to walk with me. On the way to the building, a group of teens that usually hang outside before Wednesday night service saw my costume and were essentially, "She beat you!"
 Another pirate, his costume was simple, but easily a more practical costume. Mine was very complicated because I love to accessorize. So we had a moment of pirate appreciation. Then the self proclaimed, "little dead-riding hood" a girl who wasn't really sure what she was supposed to be and she needed a name, said I had outdone him. So pretty much throughout the night it was either, pirate's stick together, or pirate's rivalry.

 And one of my friend's, and her boyfriend were a rather sweet 50's couple! They got second place in the costume contest!

 We all were given a color at the beginning of the night, and then had to go to our corresponding table and such for our pumpkin carving contest. I will have you know. I have not carved a pumpkin since I was six; I was the only one on my team who knew how to carve a pumpkin. So I carved it pretty much by myself, and somehow still got third place on the pumpkin carving contest? :D no arguments, more just pure shock. (Seriously, I made a face, how original.)

 Then, while I was carving that, the rest of my team was doing the scavenger hunt. I don't know the verdict on that, I wasn't paying to much attention. (I bent the pumpkin carving knife at least a dozen times. Seriously those things suck. YES GIVE THE KNIFE A ROUNDED END SO CHILDREN DONT HURT THEMSELVES WITH A KNIFE.)
 But a number of small games went on during that, so I don't remember really what all happened. But by the time I was done carving the pumpkin it was time for the costume presentation. OH YEAH. One of the rival youth leaders actually stole the pumpkin while I was working on it. Not to mention I scared one of the buys at my table by wielding a knife. (Get over it) At this point I was most decidedly like this.  O.O
 Anywho, we got it back, and my team leader, a youth leader dressed like a giraffe, brought it back and I finished working on it. Then the costume judging began, and when they were almost at my turn they said, "Don't forget to strike a pose at the end there!" I turned rather desperately to my 50's style friend and just, "What on earth do pirates do!?"
 I ended up just jumping from the first level of the stage down to the second and walking rather swaggily to the end, giving a mini curtsy at the end. And eventually they had everyone come around again so the judges could see the costumes. My friend who was a granny, (she broke her leg a couple months ago, still had a partial cast) got third, my 50's friends got second, and not entirely to my surprise, but still pretty surprised, I got first.

 Immediately after that, was the dance competition. The same thing as the costume presentation, line up and go one by one down the mini stage and dance for about 15-30 seconds depending on how good you were, or when you were prompted off the stage.
 I am very good at faking river dancing, so as a pirate while river dancing I got a more enthusiastic applause than I thought. Then, the pirate's stick together/pirate rivalry began.
 When the song ended, the judges were still talking and the youth leaders prepared to set off to the next thing while they decided. WHEN WE WERE CALLED UP. Me and the other pirate guy, were called to the stage for a dance off because they couldn't decide.

 He's a very good dancer, and knows a lot more actual dance moved than I, whereas I practice in my room while listening to music on my headphones. Even then though, they couldn't decide right away, so both of us were essentially, "We don't care who wins that was awesome!"
 And he did win the dance competition, but I got second in that, so that's all good. I won the costume contest anyway, I probably would have felt kinda bad if I'd won two things.
 But then I was asked if I was Welsh, which I'm not, (not prominently anyway if I am I don't think. I might be?) But said no, but was told I was a very good dancer, and that I "killed it?" I'm not entirely sure if that's what someone said but maybe, we're a loud lot.
 But I got the approval of my friend's younger sibling, which is something to be said.
 After that though, we were dismissed, and everyone began to get picked up, and "little dead-riding hood" got my pumpkin because I didn't want it really, and she didn't have one at home. But it was still a pretty awesome night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone