Stage 2c: Backtracking, and re-retracking

 So at the last week of October, I have changed my nano novel for this year.  *collective mental gasp because nobody really freaks out in real life at the computer except me*

 I had a lot of time to mull things over, and some talk time with God about things, and it came down to finally working on writing a novel that I began years ago. So although I will not be posting anything of it, or from it, publicly, I will still probably be vague in my ramblings about it and just story writing in general. However, I feel that it's time.
  I'd been waiting on the story, when in reality the story had been waiting on me.

It's time for me to begin. To start the novel off from page one like I had intended from the very beginning. However. I am throwing out the window nearly all of my new ideas that have occurred in the past year for this book. The reason? They are not what this story is, and they aren't for it. The ideas may have been good in their own way, but they are not for this story. Or if they are, they aren't yet. This story is special, and has been dying, literally drowning for years and suffocating to get out. So I'm giving it the life it deserves. Because I owe it that, and I owe that to God. Because there is no other way on this earth, that at age 10-11 I could have written this! I remember writing, and writing, and writing. For hours! I would check my word count every. single. day. And after and before every. single. writing. break.
 This first draft of this splendid piece of art. Has over 50,000 words. Do you see that number!? UGH. I WASN'T EVEN A TEENAGER AND I WROTE THAT IN LESS THAN A MONTH. HECK. I don't think that even took me two weeks!

 IF I COULD DO THAT THEN? THEN WHAT IN THE BLUE BLAZES OF ALL THING WRITERLY AM I EVEN DOING HERE?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone