Costumes & Essay writing: An inside look at the thoughts and life of a Christian Blogger

 Yes, a lengthly title. But before I scare you too far off with such a claim, hear this--I am a Christian, yet I dress up during halloween.

 Some seem to think that because of my Christianity, that I would abhor the things which halloween stands for. Well let's get one thing crystal clear. I do not partake in the rituals and things that have been known to occur during halloween. I am by no means opposed to those who simply wish to dress up, and go house to house for candy. On the contrary, I love to dress up, because let's be honest here-DRESSING UP IS FUN!

 I seem to always have a number of costumes planned every year, yet I always manage to pair down to at least two. Because weather is a variable that nobody can fully account for. So now I always have one costume planned for if it is cold, and one for warmer temperatures. Yet if the forecast right now is anything reliable to go by, I will be falling back to my colder weather costume. This is the line up at the moment for costumes. I have not yet gotten down to only two.


  • Steampunk
  • A Deer
  • Bacchus (female version that is)
  • Dia de los muertos calavera (sugar skull)
  • Something completely different that I need to make up on the spot

 Steampunk, is always a pleasure to do, and I have the most marvelous time creating my costumes for it! There's always so many options, and the possibility's truly are endless! Nearly half of my closet and costuming supplies lend themselves to this costume.

 Deer, also easily done due to having a fair amount of florally patterned pieces, this would be a humanization costume, as I have absolutely no desire to dress in a.. *shudders* onesie. Or a ridiculous dress that someone decided to tack a fluff ball too.

 Bacchus, rather like the depiction of C.S. Lewis, where he's (or in my case she) is a jolly character with a fat donkey. I would put together a costume resembling more of a Wine Druid. (Which is a thing-trust me ((actually I have no clue I think I just made that up))

 Calavera, this is a costume that I have recently learned how to do, and about 80% of it for me is in the makeup. I recently did a trial run with it, even managing to win over a family member with the idea after seeing me do the makeup myself instead of the rather creepily done ones online. Finding the right clothing is no hard task, since how I have lived in the midwest and have a number of pieces that pertain to it.

 Something else, would be if I truly and honestly cannot complete any of the aforementioned costumes, which although extremely unlikely, is still not yet an impossibility.
 While I will be handing out candy this year (unless I am asked to join someone on the adventure of actually walking outside) I am still resigned to use two costumes this year! As I have one party to attend, and then the actual day of halloween itself!


 As far as essay writing is concerned, I have come across and essay that needs written that is by far the most difficult subject to breach; that subject being myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolutions

A life and a love

So I broke my phone