Well I never

I do believe it has been quite a little while since I last did a word of the day. And actually, originally I had intended to do that on the days I felt that I did not have anything in particular to write. However, on a galavant through my thesaurus just a bit ago, I found quite an interesting word.
 I was curious, after reading a word I hadn't heard in a while, what-if any-synonyms existed for such a word, as satire.
 Lo and behold I came across one in particular that caught my eye. Not necessarily due to it's meaning, but more it's pronunciation. Have you ever, in your readings-heard the word lampoon?

Lampoon: to publicly criticize someone or something by using ridicule, irony, or sarcasm.

I have to admit that I in all my time so far, have never heard this word before. And rather, if it meant something else I might be compelled to say it in conversation. If only just to hear it's rather odd pronunciation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A life and a love

Resolutions

So I broke my phone